Are there times when you feel you’re spinning your wheels when it comes to your marketing and prospecting efforts? If that’s the case you need to understand that in order to make your marketing effective you need to have a strategy and tactics in place that suit your particular, unique audience.
That being said, there are items that every marketing strategy should have in place:
- Understand what the life cycle of your prospect is, in other words do your sales usually follow a particular path? If so, your strategy must incorporate that unique process.
- How do your prospects want to be contacted? Email? Telephone? Text? Face-to-face meetings?
- Is there a way to automate any of the sales process? Either through mailings or email campaigns or other ways in which you can reach a target group of prospects all at one time?
When you’re looking back at the effectiveness of your 2014 sales and looking forward to 2015 and increased sales, you want to make sure the steps along your sales path are clearly defined.
No man is an island. This adage is true in life as it is in business. Successful entrepreneurs know that to grow a business they need to collaborate with others. How can you make certain your collaboration skills are as strong as they could be?
Here are some steps you can take to strengthen them:
- Make certain your associates feel a part of the process and that their contributions are given thoughtful consideration.
- Do you include all relevant team members in discussions? Do they feel part of the team?
- What do you do with that one person in your organization who tosses out ideas — that may at first seem out of the scope of what you’re doing — to make him or her feel part of the whole?
- When you’re attempting to formulate solutions to problems, do you involve team members from a cross section of your organization?
What can you do to foster collaboration and input from all team members?
“I’d like to run a business.” If you proclaimed that, but didn’t add in the question of, “Do I have the leadership talents necessary to do that?” You may want to take a step back and consider that question.
Here are three leadership talents that we believe entrepreneurs should either possess or hone:
- Are you able to articulate your mission, vision and purpose? You need to be able to do this whether you’re hiring and training new employees or if you’re at a networking event.
- What makes you an influencer? Do you now how your own character and personality influences others?
- What is your overall plan for execution of business growth and execution of a business plan?
Ponder these three questions and determine whether you have these leadership talents or what you can do to hone them.