Do you ever wonder if there is power in one? We believe there is and as business coaches we work with our clients to help them break down the business activities they need to participate in into bite-sized chunks.
In some cases doing one more thing can reap amazing results. Here are some powerful “ones” you can incorporate:
- Suggest one more service to every client you speak with. Just as the fast food restaurants ask, “Do you want fries with that?” you should be asking your clients the same thing.
- Make one more client visit or cold call every day. To determine whether this method might grow your business, consider your current conversion rate and multiply that by the power of one more call a day.
- Commit one day per month to developing your skill set. Regardless of whether you attend a training networking event or sign up for an online class, stay connected and educated keeps you relevant.
- Read one book a month. If you already read for your area of expertise, pick up a work of fiction or something in a genre that has nothing to do with your work life.
- Ask one client a week for a referral or testimonial.
- Show up an hour early. If you believe the early bird gets the worm, then you want to be that early bird, you want to be the one whose doors open earlier than the competition and you want to be the business owner who answers his phone an hour earlier than “the other guy.”
What type of “ones” can you incorporate to help grow your business?