Business owners today need a web presence in order to compete. However, simply building a website doesn’t guarantee that:
- You will be found or
- That your ideal clients will be the ones who visit your site… but
If you’re taking the time and putting in the effort to have a website and a blog constructed you need to know what steps to take to make sure your site is search engine optimized. Here are our best practice tips to make that happen:
- Research your business’s keywords. Take a step back and ask yourself, “if a potential client is looking for me what search terms will he use to find me?” Work those terms into your website and blog posts.
- Make sure you title your blog posts so that your keywords show up in the URL; this helps search engines find you.
- Put time and thought into the crafting of your title and make sure keywords are being added to it.
- You don’t need to go keyword heavy. In fact, don’t use keywords unless they make sense and sound natural in a sentence. The rule of thumb should be no more than three keywords or keyword phrases per post — be aware though that Google changes its algorithms frequently and this is subject to change.
- Add an image to your posts. The image should make sense with the copy you’re writing. You should also include at least one outbound link and include a link that also drives traffic back to information on your site that relates to the post.
How often do you blog and do you find it is helping your website visibility? If you’re stumped, give us a call.